About Ambrosio: My Vanity Pages
(ME! ME! ME!)
C O N T E N T S
- About Ambrosio: My Vanity Pages (ME! ME! ME!)
- My Self Absorbed Autobiography
- My Personal Ad
- My Social Networks and Additional Profiles
- My Good Works
- My Writings
- My Scholarship
- My Workshop Presentations
- Dropping Names: Some of My Scene Friends
- My List of Favorites
- My Favorite Femme Fatale Performances
- Ambrosio's Unfamiliar Stock Quotes
- Ambrosio's Personal Ad
- Ambrosio's Profile: "Big Time Sensuality"
- Ambrosio's Classes and Workshops
- Ambrosio's Universal Life Church Ordination Certificate
- Ambrosio's Website Awards
- Ambrosio's Original Homepage: obscure and esoteric
- Ambrosio's Email Form
|"Tranquility reigned upon his smooth unwrinkled forehead; and content, expressed upon every feature, seemed to announce the man equally unacquainted with cares and crimes. He bowed himself with humility to the audience. Still there was a certain severity in his look and manner that inspired universal awe, a few could sustain the glance of his eye, at once fiery and penetrating. Such was Ambrosio, abbot of the Capuchins, and surnamed The man of holiness."|
- M. G. Lewis
My Self Absorbed Autobiography
Ambrosio's scene name originates from the title character of The Monk, a classic Gothic novel by M. G. Lewis about an evil cleric. In his public life, Ambrosio is a single white male in his late forties with a base of operations in San Antonio, TX. He's been in the BDSM scene since approximately 1994 and active since about 1995. He's known as sensual top with dominant tendencies but he also practices more heavy play. He co-founded SAS/M in 1996 with his friend Cliff. Currently he is a member of GWNN, SAS/M, APEX, SAADE, and several other groups. He also attended the Louisville Munch regularly and served as substitute Munch host on occasion. He served on the board of KUFS from June 2005 to November 2006. He volunteers for local groups, teaches BDSM classes, and maintains the award seeking Ambrosio's BDSM Site.
In 2006, Ambrosio won the title of the Ohio Leather Fest King at OLF IX --- the final OLF. As such, he remains the last reigning OLF monarch. He credits his victory to his good looks, his quick wit, and the fact that none of the other contestants or judges showed up for the contest.
In 2013 the Board of GWNN (the Group With No Name) in Austin, honored him by establishing an annual scholarship in his name: the Ambrosio-EvilMonk GWNN BASH Scholarship.
Hobbies include reading, writing, acting, web development, ballroom dancing, and Safe, Sane, and Consensual BDSM.
My Personal Ad
- My personal ad
My Social Networks and Additional Profiles
Wow! Making friends online is so much easier than in the real world!
- Ambrosio's Lifekink page: http://www.lifekink.com/ambrosio
- Ambrosio's MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/evilmonkspace
- Ambrosio's Collarme.com page: http://www.collarme.com/Ambrosio
- Ambrosio's FetLife page: http://fetlife.com/users/80132
- Ambrosio's SAS/M Profile: http://www.sasmtx.info/profile01.html
- Ambrosio's Yahoo Profile: http://profiles.yahoo.com/ambrosio_sa
- AmbrosioTX's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AmbrosioTX
- MonkAmbrosio's Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/MonkAmbrosio
My Good Works
- The Introduction to BDSM class I present on occasion
- An announcement list I maintain: Ambrosio's BDSM Newsletter
- An award I maintain: Ambrosio's Award for Applying for This Award for a BDSM Site
- An Internet resource I've helped format: The Leather Archives and Museum's Leather History Timeline created by Tony DeBlase. I helped the webmaster for LA&M by "cleaning up the timeline and making it easier to navigate."
- "Some Notes on Safety for Meeting Online and Off" at
(This one is about safety precautions to make when looking for,
meeting with, and playing with new scene partners. It was part of a handout for a class I co-presented at Texas Leather Pride XI.)
- "Meeting Someone Else into BDSM" at
- "An Open Letter to a Novice Domme" at
- "Perverted Vocabulary: a Glossary of Terms Used in BDSM" at
- "Some Notes on Netiquette and 'Net Basics" at
- "Marginalia on the Old Guard, Leather Traditions, and BDSM History" at
- "Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol" at
- "A Proposed 'Pansexual Protocol'" at
- "Polyamory and BDSM" at
- "An Open Letter to Law Enforcement" at
(An open letter to law enforcement from someone in the BDSM community
who wants to explain some ways in which BDSM is not domestic violence.)
- "Some Criteria for Consensual D/s Contracts" at http://www.EvilMonk.org/A/contract00.cfm
- "Kinky Mainstream DVDs" (a critical list) at
- "Dawn Perlmutter's 'Dark Subculture' Witch Hunt" at
- "Anatomy for Flogging: The Back" at
- "A Rant on Mentorship" at
- "A Surprising Discovery" at
- "Is Masochism Addictive?" at
In 2013 the Board of GWNN (the Group With No Name) in Austin, honored me by establishing an annual scholarship in my name: Ambrosio-EvilMonk GWNN BASH Scholarship. Here's an explanation from GWNN:
Each year we will award at least 1 up to 4 free bash tickets in his name. Each year we will try to find someone(s) that cannot afford the bash ticket but still really deserves to come.
For 2013 we welcomed Kenny and Rachel, a long-time GWNN couple that have been unable to do much of anything for more than a year now due to Kenny suffering a very serious head injury. We also welcomed Robert "The Music Man" who played all the party music for GWNN and for SAS/M for many years. Robert had a stroke last fall and we all miss seeing him at the parties. It was a wonderful feeling to contact Kenny and Rachel and Robert and invite them to be our guests at the BASH as a way to honor one of the most special, kind, intelligent and supportive community people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
The Ambrosio-Evil Monk Scholarship will continue and more community members will benefit from it in the future.
I appreciate the great honor! The community has given me a lot and I try my best to help where I can. I'll try not to let it go to my head.
My Workshop Presentations
I have moved that list to a dedicated Classes and Workshops page.
Dropping Names: Some of My Scene Friends
My List of Favorites
- My favorite Banned German Decadent Author: Hanns Heinz Ewers
- My favorite Singer/Songwriter: Ani DiFranco
- My favorite Musical Theatre Composer: Stephen Sondhiem (Sweeney Todd, A Little Night Music, Follies, Pacific Overtures, etc.,)
- My favorite movie director: Stuart Gordon (The Re-animator, From Beyond, etc.,)
- My favorite actress: Lousie Brooks (Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl )
- My favorite Gothic novel: The Monk by M. G. Lewis
Favorite Femme Fatale Performances
Some of my favorite performances have been from women playing the role of a femme fatale. That type of role entails the elements of confidence, wit, a mixture of gentleness and sadism, overt unrestrained sensuality, subtle sexuality, and -- very often but not essentially -- great physical beauty.
Bridgette Helmas the Robot in Metropolis
Lousie Brooksas Lulu in Pandora's Box
Ludmilla Tchérinaas Giulietta walking down the Venice stairs in Michael Powell's The Tales of Hoffman
Julia Migenes-Johnsondancing, singing, and acting as Carmen in Carmen
Michelle Pfeifferas the Catwoman in Batman Returns
Alice Kriegas Alma Mobley in Ghost Story
Glen Closeas the Marquise de Merteuil in Dangerous Liaisons
Alice Kriegas the Borg Queen in Star Trek: First Contact
Aimee McCormickas one of the evil daughters in the Vortex Repertory Company (Austin, TX) production of King Lear
Ambrosio's Unfamiliar Stock Quotes
I have more quotes on my obscure and esoteric Original Homepage.
They're interesting -- just not as immediately relevant to BDSM.