Anatomy for Flogging: The Back
Dedicated to Mistress Tammy, RN
First Posted: 3 March 2008
Click on the marked sections of the image below left --- or the text links below --- for more information.
This article was originally posted on EvilMonk.org
You're free to copy, distribute, and re-post this article for non-commercial use, provided you:
- Post it in it's entirety --- including these instructions, any copyright notice, and any dedication --- EXCEPT FOR graphic images, 3rd party code (i.e. APIs), or lists of links located below this notice (such as "Further Reading on ...," or "Additional Articles by Ambrosio.") They are optional.
- Credit the author (Ambrosio) properly
- Include a working hyperlink to EvilMonk.org at the bottom of the article
- Contact me (if possible) with the details (including the URL of the posting.) If I'm dead or it's impossible to contact me, you can skip this requirement.
- Do NOT post my email address. (I've gone to a lot of trouble to hide it from spammers.)
- Califia, Pat. Sensuous Magic: A Guide for Adventurous Couples New York: Masquerade Books, Inc., 1998.
- Gray, Henry and and H.V. Carter. Anatomy of the Human Body Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1918. (located on-line at bartleby.com)
- Miller, Philip and Molly Devon Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns Fairfield: Mystic Rose Books, 1995
- Townsend, Larry The Leatherman's Handbook II New York: Modernismo Books, 1983
- Wiseman, Jay SM 101: A Realistic Introduction Greenery Press: San Francisco
- Gray, Henry and and H.V. Carter. Anatomy of the Human Body Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1918. (located on-line at Bartleby.com)
- Harter, Jim, ed., Old-Time Anatomical Illustrations CD-ROM and Book New York: Dover Publications, 2005
- "Four Witches" by Albrecht Dürer. 1497, engraving, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
More S&M Tips and Techniques Articles
- Introduction to Spanking (From an anonymous USENET posting)
- The Basics of Flogging by Keith L. Kendrick
- Grim's Flogging FAQ, Parts 1 & 2
- "Whips Presentation and Demonstration" by Sir Bamm!
- The Ten Commandments of Steel Bondage by Harold Cox adapted by David Stein
- Caning Notes
- This Site's BDSM Basics Section
More Health and Safety Articles
- D/s Medical Advice: Prevention and Treatment of Injuries / Adverse Conditions author unknown
- Emergency Training for SM Practicioners by Jay Wiseman
- Jay Wiseman on Safety
- How to handle a siezure by Jay Wiseman
- The Medical Realities of Breath Control Play by Jay Wiseman
- blossom's Suggestions for a First Aid Kit
- This Site's Health and Safety Section
Additional Articles by Ambrosio
- Eleven Short Tips for BDSM Novices
- Some Notes on Safety for Meeting Online and Off
- Meeting Someone Else into BDSM
- An Open Letter to a Novice Domme
- Perverted Vocabulary: a Glossary of Terms Used in BDSM
- Some Notes on Netiquette and 'Net Basics
- Marginalia on the Old Guard, Leather Traditions, and BDSM History
- Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol
- A Proposed "Pansexual Protocol"
- Polyamory and BDSM
- An Open Letter to Law Enforcement
- BDSM Gone Bad: Reporting Non-Consensual "Play" and Rape to the APD
- Some Criteria for Consensual D/s Contracts
- Relevant Films on DVD and for Streaming
- Dawn Perlmutter's "Dark Subculture" Witch Hunt
- Anatomy for Flogging: The Back
- A Rant on Mentorship
- A Surprising Discovery - an astonishing realization about the appropriateness of sending unsolicited penis photographs.
- Is Masochism Addictive?
- Some Notes on William Moulton Marston, Wonder Woman, and Loving D/s
- Life Looks at Leather (1964)
- Some Notes on Psychology, Homosexuality, and Sadomasochism (This page includes "Two Letters from Sigmund Freud" and "A Brief History of Homosexuality and Sadomasochism in the DSM.")
- ChatGPT and the Truth About Jeanne C. Barney
- The Miscreant's Paradox for Leather and BDSM