- About Me
About Me: My Vanity Pages
(ME! ME! ME!)
- About Me: My Vanity Pages (ME! ME! ME!)
- My Self Absorbed Autobiography
- My Personal Ad
- My Social Networks and Additional Profiles
- My Good Works
- My Writings
- My Scholarship
- My Workshop Presentations
- My List of Favorites
- My Favorite Femme Fatale Performances
- Ambrosio's Unfamiliar Stock Quotes
- Ambrosio's Personal Ad
- Ambrosio's Profile: "Big Time Sensuality"
- Ambrosio's Classes and Workshops
- Ambrosio's Universal Life Church Ordination Certificate
- Ambrosio's Original Homepage: obscure and esoteric
- Ambrosio's Email Form
|"Tranquility reigned upon his smooth unwrinkled forehead; and content, expressed upon every feature, seemed to announce the man equally unacquainted with cares and crimes. He bowed himself with humility to the audience. Still there was a certain severity in his look and manner that inspired universal awe, a few could sustain the glance of his eye, at once fiery and penetrating. Such was Ambrosio, abbot of the Capuchins, and surnamed The man of holiness."|
- M. G. Lewis
My Self Absorbed Autobiography
Ambrosio's scene name originates from the title character of The Monk, a classic Gothic novel by M. G. Lewis about an evil cleric. In his public life, Ambrosio is a single white male in his late forties with a base of operations in San Antonio, TX. He's been in the BDSM scene since approximately 1994 and active since about 1995. He's known as sensual top with dominant tendencies but he also practices more heavy play. He co-founded SAS/M in 1996 with his friend Cliff. Currently he is a member of GWNN, SAS/M, APEX, SAADE, and several other groups. He also attended the Louisville Munch regularly and served as substitute Munch host on occasion. He served on the board of the Kentucky Underground Fetish Society (KUFS) from June 2005 to November 2006. He volunteers for local groups, teaches BDSM classes, and maintains the award seeking Ambrosio's BDSM Site.
In 2006, Ambrosio won the title of the Ohio Leather Fest King at OLF IX --- the final OLF. As such, he remains the last reigning OLF monarch. He credits his victory to his good looks, his quick wit, and the fact that none of the other contestants or judges showed up for the contest.
In 2013 the Board of GWNN (the Group With No Name) in Austin, honored him by establishing an annual scholarship in his name: the Ambrosio-EvilMonk GWNN BASH Scholarship.
Hobbies include reading, writing, acting, web development, ballroom dancing, and Safe, Sane, and Consensual BDSM.
My Personal Ad
- My personal ad
My Social Networks and Additional Profiles
Wow! Making friends online is so much easier than in the real world!
- Ambrosio's MySpace page
- Ambrosio's FetLife page (This is the social media platform I'm most active on.)
- AmbrosioTX's YouTube Channel
- MonkAmbrosio's Twitter Profile
My Good Works
- I helped the Leather Archives and Museum's webmaster by converting a PDF of Tony DeBlase's Leather History Timeline to HTML. After several years the LA&M elected to take the timeline down from their website, but they agreed to my posting it on mine.
- An article in a college newspaper that I'm quoted in: Bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism in SA February 5, 2012
Additional Articles by Ambrosio
- Eleven Short Tips for BDSM Novices
- Some Notes on Safety for Meeting Online and Off (This one is about safety precautions to make when looking for, meeting with, and playing with new scene partners. It was part of a handout for a class I co-presented at Texas Leather Pride XI.)
- Meeting Someone Else into BDSM
- An Open Letter to a Novice Domme
- Perverted Vocabulary: a Glossary of Terms Used in BDSM
- Some Notes on Netiquette and 'Net Basics
- Marginalia on the Old Guard, Leather Traditions, and BDSM History
- Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol
- A Proposed "Pansexual Protocol"
- Polyamory and BDSM
- An Open Letter to Law Enforcement (An open letter to law enforcement from someone in the BDSM community who wants to explain some ways in which BDSM is not domestic violence.)
- BDSM Gone Bad: Reporting Non-Consensual "Play" and Rape to the APD
- Some Criteria for Consensual D/s Contracts
- Relevant Films on DVD and for Streaming
- Dawn Perlmutter's "Dark Subculture" Witch Hunt
- Anatomy for Flogging: The Back
- A Rant on Mentorship
- A Surprising Discovery - an astonishing realization about the appropriateness of sending unsolicited penis photographs.
- Is Masochism Addictive?
- Some Notes on William Moulton Marston, Wonder Woman, and Loving D/s
- Life Looks at Leather (1964)
- Some Notes on Psychology, Homosexuality, and Sadomasochism (This page includes "Two Letters from Sigmund Freud" and "A Brief History of Homosexuality and Sadomasochism in the DSM.")
- ChatGPT and the Truth About Jeanne C. Barney
- The Miscreant's Paradox for Leather and BDSM
In 2013 the Board of GWNN (the Group With No Name) in Austin, honored me by establishing an annual scholarship in my name: Ambrosio-EvilMonk GWNN BASH Scholarship. Here's an explanation from GWNN:
Each year we will award at least 1 up to 4 free bash tickets in his name. Each year we will try to find someone(s) that cannot afford the bash ticket but still really deserves to come.
For 2013 we welcomed Kenny and Rachel, a long-time GWNN couple that have been unable to do much of anything for more than a year now due to Kenny suffering a very serious head injury. We also welcomed Robert "The Music Man" who played all the party music for GWNN and for SAS/M for many years. Robert had a stroke last fall and we all miss seeing him at the parties. It was a wonderful feeling to contact Kenny and Rachel and Robert and invite them to be our guests at the BASH as a way to honor one of the most special, kind, intelligent and supportive community people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
The Ambrosio-Evil Monk Scholarship will continue and more community members will benefit from it in the future.
I appreciate the great honor! The community has given me a lot and I try my best to help where I can. I'll try not to let it go to my head.
My Workshop Presentations
I have moved that list to a dedicated Classes and Workshops page.
My List of Favorites
- Banned German Decadent Author: Hanns Heinz Ewers
- Singer/Songwriter: Ani DiFranco
- Musical Theatre Composer: Stephen Sondhiem (Sweeney Todd, A Little Night Music, Follies, Pacific Overtures, etc.,)
- Movie Director: Stuart Gordon (The Re-animator, From Beyond, etc.,)
- Male Actors: Lon Channey Sr., James Mason, Donald Pleasence
- Female Actor: Louise Brooks (Pandora's Box, Diary of a Lost Girl )
- Gothic Novel: The Monk by M. G. Lewis
- Science Fiction Show: Rick and Morty
Favorite Femme Fatale Performances
Some of my favorite performances have been from women playing the role of a femme fatale. That type of role entails the elements of confidence, wit, a mixture of gentleness and sadism, overt unrestrained sensuality, subtle sexuality, and -- very often but not essentially -- great physical beauty.
- Bridgette Helm as the Robot in Metropolis
- Lousie Brooks as Lulu in Pandora's Box
- Ludmilla Tchérina as Giulietta walking down the Venice stairs in Michael Powell's The Tales of Hoffman
- Julia Migenes-Johnson dancing, singing, and acting as Carmen in Carmen
- Michelle Pfeiffer as the Catwoman in Batman Returns
- Alice Krieg as Alma Mobley in Ghost Story
- Glen Close as the Marquise de Merteuil in Dangerous Liaisons
- Alice Krieg as the Borg Queen in Star Trek: First Contact
- Aimee McCormick as one of the evil daughters in the Vortex Repertory Company (Austin, TX) production of King Lear
Ambrosio's Unfamiliar Stock Quotes
I have more quotes on my obscure and esoteric Original Homepage.
They're interesting -- just not as immediately relevant to BDSM.