About Chris M
Chris M is A Black Rose Emeritus Board Member, artist, writer, dominant (occassional switch) and SM educator, active with BR since 1990. In 1998 he led the team that developed the Black Rose Dungeon Monitors Guide that has been used as the basis for DM training for the Black Rose Festivals as well as Leather Retreat and many other east coast groups and events. He has presented at all of the Black Rose Festivals with presentations exploring both play technique and leather culture, particularly the spiritual experience encountered within SM.
SM education is Chris’ specialty. In 1998 he commuted to New York bi-monthly to complete GMSMA’s fifteen session School for Tops and with others inaugurated Black Roses weekend workshop series in Washington, DC in 1999. He has presented SM workshops and seminars across the country including BR10, BR ’98, BR99, BR 2000, BR 2001, CAPEX, CUFF, ROPE of Richmond Virginia, the late, great Phoenix Society of Baltimore, Beat Me in St. Louis 99, 00, 01, and 02 The New Orleans Power Exchange, Leather Leadership Council, Jacksonville Area Power Exchange, River City Dungeon Society, TALON of North Carolina, GMSMA (a three weekend seminar in SM Spirituality), SM101 (A six month 15 lesson course taught jointly by Black Rose, Men of Discipline, and SIGMA) as a guest lecturer at both Tulane University in New Orleans and Pace University, NYC.
His SM Educational writings have been published in Prometheus, Petal and Thorn and innumerable websites where he provides his writings free of charge. Many of his writings are collected on his website: http://subbondage.net/chris_m/. As a leather artist, his work has been exhibited at the legendary Playhouse Studios of Baltimore MD, and were recently featured in Joseph Bean’s book Flogging.
Articles by Chris M
- The Black Rose DM Guide
- "Safe Sane and Consensual" a Proposed Definition
- Finally Me (Or I how I went from being a normal, vanilla guy, to an authority on SM Spirituality)
- Gifts of the Circle: A Chronicle of the Hook Pull performed by Fakir Musafar and Cleo Duboise at Black Rose 2002
- Eight Techniques for Maintaning Communication and Trust During a Scene
- A Brief History of Leatherbars (Featuring the DC Eagle)
- A Brief History of the Black Rose of Washington DC
- Part One: The First Fifteen Years (The Nancy Miller Years)
- Part Two: Pending
- Some articles by Chris M. translated into Hebrew
Further Links About Chris M
- About Chris M
- Chris M's Fetlife Profile
- Black Rose of Washington DC