Evilmonk.org Site Map
This site maps links all to the individual pages on this site organized into sections. It does not include external links.
A subjective list of the most important pages for new visitors.
- Eleven Short Tips for BDSM Novices by Ambrosio (from the "General" section)
- Ten Tips for the Novice, Single, Heterosexual, Submissive Woman by Jay Wiseman (from the "Relationships" section)
- Some Notes on Safety for Meeting Online and Off by Ambrosio (from the "Relationships" section)
- Jay Wiseman's book review of The Gift of Fear (from the "General" section)
- BDSM Gone Bad: Reporting Non-Consensual "Play" and Rape to the APD by Ambrosio
- Safer SM Pamphlet (ACT) (from the "Health and Safety" section)
- The Medical Realities of Breath Control Play by Jay Wiseman (from the "Health and Safety" section)
- Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol by Ambrosio (from the "Protocol" section)
- The Leather History Timeline by Tony DeBlase and others (from the "History" section)
- An Open Letter to a Novice Domme by Ambrosio (from the "General" section)
- Some Notes on Netiquette and 'Net Basics by Ambrosio (from the "Protocol" section.)
Fundamentals for BDSM and Leather: Books, guides, and external Internet links.
- Landing page: General
- Eleven Short Tips for BDSM Novices by Ambrosio
- BDSM Tip Sheet for Beginners by Lady Green and Jay Wiseman
- Why Would Anyone Participate in S&M? by Keith L. Kendrick
- BDSM Background Information, a series of articles from the POWERotics Foundation
- Books and Magazines
- Jay Wiseman's book review of The Gift of Fear
About Bashes and Conferences
- What To Expect At a Bash by Mistress Constance
Terms and Concepts
- Definitions by Mistress Constance
- Perverted Vocabulary: a Glossary of Terms Used in BDSM by Ambrosio
- Leather vs. BDSM by Philip the Foole
- "Safe Sane and Consensual" a Proposed Definition by Chris M.
- Origin of RACK: RACK vs. SSC by Gary Switch
- Edgeplay by Sir Bamm!
- Mentorship by Mistress Constance
- A Rant on Mentorship by Ambrosio
- Nine Degrees of Submission by Diane Vera
- Submissive's Creed
- What a slave Needs
- You've Realized You're a Dominant Woman. What Now? by Rowan Ste. Julian
- An Open Letter to a Novice Domme by Ambrosio
- 14 Attributes of a Good Master by Lord Byron of Nashville, TN
- Switches: Are they misunderstood or do they miss the point of BDSM? by Ms. Siren
S&M Tips and Techniques
- Aftercare by Chris M
- Introduction to Spanking
- The Basics of Flogging
- Grim's Flogging FAQ, Parts 1 & 2
- Mastering the Dynamics of Thud and Sting by Chris M.
- The Rap on Wrapping: A discussion of Impact Play by Chris M.
- "Whips Presentation and Demonstration" by Sir Bamm!
- Anatomy for Flogging: The Back
- The Ten Commandments of Steel Bondage
- Caning Notes
Finding and Making S&M Toys
Munches and groups organized by location including Texas, the Ohio River Valley, and elswhere
Health & Safety
Medical advice, First Aid instructions, and an important essay by Jay Wiseman on Breath Control.
- Landing page: Health & Safety:
- Coronary Heart Disease: Angina & Heart Attack: Its Impact Upon the BDSM Lifestyle by Mistress Tammy, RN
- Diabetes Mellitus: Its Impact Upon the BDSM Lifestyle by Mistress Tammy, RN
- Facts and Myths About BDSM Safety by Hans Meijer
- Safer SM Pamphlet (ACT)
- D/s Medical Advice
- Emergency Training for SM Practicioners
- Jay Wiseman on Safety
- How to handle a seizure
- The Medical Realities of Breath Control Play by Jay Wiseman
- blossom's Suggestions for First Aid Kits
- Is Masochism Addictive? by Ambrosio
- Safer Sex by Sir Bamm!
- Febrile, Headachy Public Health Rambling by Catmoney
- Ask the Therapist: Alternate Personas and Multiple Personalities by William A. Henkin, Ph.D.
Domestic abuse should not be confused with consensual BDSM. The webmaster abhors domestic violence, abuse, and rape. This document includes several links, a list of mostly local resources, and a statement from the Lesbian Sex Mafia (LSM).
I had trouble naming this section of my web site. Originally I wanted to name it "BDSM vs. Abuse." to make the point that consensual BDSM is distinct from domestic violence. But that would have implied that the two were mutually exclusive. As much as our community largely abhors domestic violence, abuse, and rape, the unpleasant truth is abuse has been and still is an issue in our community. That must be acknowleged and addressed. So I renamed it "Abuse or BDSM."
Most recently I changed the name to simply "Abuse." Since the title of the web site includes the term "BDSM," including it in the name of the section is redundant.
- Statement on Abuse from the Leather Leadership Conference
- The Difference Between SM and Abuse from the Lesbian Sex Mafia
- Abuse in BDSM by SilverOz
- BDSM vs. Abuse by Sir Bamm!
- Signs Your Partner May Be Abusive
- Abuse from the POWERotics Foundation
- The Illusoria - Collaborators in Abuse and Murder by Rowan Ste. Julian
- Ask the Therapist: What Do I Do about a Dangerous Top? by William A. Henkin, Ph.D.
- Personal Bill of Rights
If you are new to this lifestyle, for your safety and well being, please take the time to read a few of these first four articles before you start dating or playing with strangers:
- Ten Tips for the Novice, Single, Heterosexual, Submissive Woman by Jay Wiseman
- Three Essays on Finding a Domme by Ms Margo
- Some Notes on Networking, Cruising, and Dating by Ambrosio
- Some Notes on Safety for Meeting Online and Off by Ambrosio
Once you meet someone you like and trust, you should negotiate your play session. This section includes a plain HTML negotiation form, an online interactive negotiation form, and an online interactive checklist as well as advice and resources for meeting others.
- Meeting Someone into BDSM: Advice and Personals
- Thoughts on Safety by Mistress Constance
- Ask the Therapist: How Do I End a Relationship? by William A. Henkin, Ph.D.
- A Surprising Discovery by Ambrosio
- Safecall Guide and Outline by Sir Bamm!
- Letter to a Friend by Wanderer
- Response to a Kinky Woman by Sir Edward of Dragon's Lake
- Negotiation and Negotiation Forms by Jay Wiseman
- Negotiations by Sir Bamm!
- BDSM Partner Checklist
- BDSM Partner Checklist in Word 6 format (reformatted by baebe)
- Some Criteria for Consensual D/s Contracts by Ambrosio
- Sample Consensual "Slavery" Contract
- Temporary Consensual "Slave Contract" by Diane Vera
- Temporary Consensual "Slave Contract" (Author Unknown)
- Contract for Discipline for switchable couples by Don (The Switching Network)
- Ms Siren and boy john's Collaring Ceremony: a lovely example of a Femdom/malesub collaring ceremony.
- What is Healthy and UnHealthy Communication?
- Eight Techniques for Maintaining Communication and Trust During a Scene by Chris M
Protocol, manners, and etiquette for inside the scene and out. Also other alternative communities and communities that can fit under the BDSM umbrella.
- Play Nice: Some Notes on Scene Etiquette and Leather Protocol by Ambrosio
- Etiquette for the Scene by Rose
- Sorry Manners: Civility and Incivility in the Scene by Chris M [Black Rose of Washington DC]
- A Proposed "Pansexual Protocol" by Ambrosio
- To Share or Not to Share? by Rowan Ste. Julian
- A Leather Bar Hanky Code
- Polyamory and BDSM
- Sado-masochistic Ritual in a Thelemic Context by Raven Greywalker (Lilith)
- Feminism, Wicca, and D/s by Rowan Ste. Julian
- Etiquette by Emily Post: This is an online republication of the 1922 edition of Emily Post's 627-page first edition Etiquette in Society, in Business, in Politics and at Home (The 1922 edition is highly recommended by observers of High Procotol.)
- George Washington's "Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour In Company and Conversation"
- Cardinal Newman On Being a Gentleman
- Passage from Jane Austen's Northhanger Abbey
- U. S. Flag Protocol (Title 4)
BDSM and the Law. I am not a lawyer and this section is not offered as legal advice or an attempt to interprete the law. These links are a starting point -- not the final word on legal issues. For reliable legal advice, you must talk to a real lawyer.
- The Law, S/M and You by A. Spencer Bergstedt, Attorney At Law. (legal advice from a real lawyer.)
- Sexuality, Consent, and the Law in the U.S.
- Legal Standing of Non-Traditional Relationships by Jay Wiseman
- BDSM Gone Bad: Reporting Non-Consensual "Play" and Rape to the APD by Ambrosio
- What to do if you're stopped by The Police: A Guide from the ACLU
- Two Videos: "Don't Talk to the Police"
- Don't Talk to the Police by Professor James Duane. 27 min video - May 21, 2008: James Duane explains why innocent people should never talk to the police.
- The Other Side of the Story by Officer George Bruch. 21 min - May 21, 2008: George Bruch from the Virginia Beach police department responds to Professor James Duane's presentation on why innocent people should never talk to the police.
- BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters. 45 min - Nov 30, 2006: How to exercise your constitutional rights during encounters with police.
- Legal Cases and Crimes (Some Legal Cases and Crimes involving Consensuality, Homosexuality, and Sadomasochism)
- The People vs. Oliver Jovanovic
- Text of Final Judgement on Spanner Case: Case of several men in Britain who were arrested for consensual sadomasochism.
- Government's Power to Require "Good Morals" and Adherence to Traditional Values by Paul Kovach and Michael Romanello
- Quotes on Freedom, Liberty, and Security
- The NLA-I Law Project
- Privacy Resources
- Coping with Identity Theft from the Privacy Rights Clearning House
- An Open Letter to Law Enforcement by Ambrosio: An open letter to law enforcement from someone in the BDSM community who wants to explain some ways in which BDSM is not domestic violence.
- Dawn Perlmutter's "Dark Subculture" Witch Hunt by Ambrosio
Advice and information on starting and running a BDSM group, throwing parties, acting as a Dungeon Monitor, and being a community activist.
- How to Organize a Munch! by craftman
- How To Start Your Own S&M Support Group! by Nancy Ava Miller, M.Ed.
- How to Start a Successful BDSM Club by Lady MJ
- Laura Goodwin on Volunteering
- San Diego Munch History by Spyral Fox
- Sample Statement of Purpose for a BDSM Organization
- Advice on Hosting Balanced SM Parties by Jay Wiseman
- Advice on Hosting BDSM Parties
- Ten Tips for Novice Dungeon Monitors by Jay Wiseman
- Dungeon Masters by SubtleDeath
- The Black Rose DM Guide by Chris M.
- NLA-Austin Dungeon Monitor Training Manual
- "Comprehensive Dungeon Monitors Guide" (2003) by Sir Bamm! and His! t
- my experience with play parties by Heidi
- Sample Party Rules
- Press Release Generator
- The S/M Library Project
- 10 Ways to Sexual Freedom
- Ambrosio's Award for Applying for an Award for a BDSM Site
- The 7 Deadly Myths of Internet Copyright
- Ambrosio's small Clipart Library
- Recommended Fonts
My vanity pages, shameless self-promotion, and online cruising.
Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories. That includes personal web sites, humor, and literature (such as the works of Hanns Heinz Ewers, and poetry.)
- Miscellaneous Pages
- This Site's Accessibility Statement
- Contributors: A list of people who have contributed to this web site.
- The Black Veil V.2: A Voluntary Code of Conduct for Vampyres/Vampires Written Father Sebastian of House Sahjaza; Amended by Lady Melanie; Revised by Michelle Belanger of House Kheperu.
- BDSM Jokes including "You Might Be A Wannabe sub.... " and "You Might Be A Wannabe Dom.... "
- Ambrosio's Hot Little bitch
- A Visit from St. Nicholas to a Kinky Household
- House Plants of Gor (parody)
- Golfers of Gor (parody)
- Top 10 Most Commonly Found Doms
- Top 7 Subs
- Good Wife Guide
Art and Literature
- Notes on and Quotes from Master of O by Ernest Greene: First rate novel about BDSM relationships by an author with first hand experience.
- Relevant Films on DVD and for Streaming: Recommendations for films with BDSM themes
- Hanns Heinz Ewers
- The Kama Sutra of Vatsayayana
- Poetry by the Masters
- Ambrosio's Unfamilar Stock Quotes